Sunday, August 21, 2011

ICD-10 Training Update II

Good News for those that follow my blog... After aprox 20 hrs of testing, I passed the National AHIMA ICD-10 Trainer's test. I am now officially recognized as being able to TEACH ICD-10CM and ICD10PCS!!!

YIPPEE!!!

It was a tough test, but by following the rules and conventions set forth, it begins to make sense after all.

I am very grateful to the Idaho chapter of AHIMA, as they provided a scholarship for me to attend the training in Cour d'Alene, Thanks go to my employer and manager for allowing me the time off to attend, study and take the test. Most importantly, a big THANK YOU to my family, friends and coding peers for the encouragement and help.

Next - the work begins with training and preparing for the transition. Scary but exciting!. Stay tuned, and I'll be posting now with addidtional helps & hints for the ICD-10 transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment